Tuesday, June 26, 2012

When I See Through

When I See Through

 

I know more than I suppose so I thank my visions,

Everything you hide away from me begins to force a decision,

Out of sight, out of mind, doesn’t mean out of the picture,

Rather than saying what I really feel I’ll revert to scripture,

“Whatever’s done in the dark must come to the light”

Even when you tell me, “Everything’s all right”.

Please, don’t force me to dig in the dirt

To uncover the lies, rumors, and truths that hurt.

You were suppose to be my friend, my lover, my pleasure

What kind of value do you have to betray that treasure?

You’re supposed to be strong, while I’m not there

But I realize I’ve been mistaken, because you’re not there

What remains is a shell of who you used to be

The fires been burned out and now you’re losing me

This is my last plea, last attempt, to salvage what’s lost

You need to know, and once known, you’ll understand the cost.

Devon Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment