Tuesday, May 8, 2012

As Time Rolls

As Time Rolls

My path’s directed toward the ancient highway from which I came
Can you hear the chants of those who pray for rain?
They dwell in a barren wasteland protected by those whom reside in these desert sands.
We approached the ruins of those who sought the diviners tongue,
Young and old, through sex and gold, they told a tale of what was to come.
I understand the transparencies of those who pretend.
They pretend to navigate the road that never ends.
To make amends, I take on the plight of ten,
Walked through the fire, survived the valley, and crawled my way out of the jackals den
Falsehoods of the forgotten are discerned in his sleep,
When he awakes, cities are uprooted from the terms of his speech
Down the river of Leviathan we maintain our course
In an useless endeavor to retrieve the main source
Steadfast in our ways to control our mortal goals
As our souls slip away and time just rolls….


No comments:

Post a Comment