Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vanity

Vanity
Silently, the weeping silhouette faints into the midnight storm
I follow with intent, bearing the curiosity from which I was born
The storm settles and the figure loses its’ allure
Now I’m lost in anticipation, with a burning in my core
A beacon of light shines out to comfort the thought that I’m alone
I am alive, feeling well, but lost and far from home
The injunction of whispers satiate the palette of darkness I desire
And the fervent groaning of those feverishly moaning is all I can expect from my years of sowing
Dark embers, pulsing, glowing
A harbinger of pain that’s continuously growing, Dear Lord!
Humble this narrow mind and it’s delusions of “all-knowing”
Send it down rivers of running water that travel long and keep flowing!
My serenity is time, can you increase my pain?
Follow the silhouettes down these hallways, and keep searching in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment